- We are embarking on a road trip clockwise all the way around the the UK coast (mainland England, Wales & Scotland), trying to stay as close to the coast as practically possible.
- Exploring local towns, villages, castles, beaches, lighthouses, piers, events...etc.
- It will take 49 days (7 weeks x 7 days), driving about 120 miles a day.
- We started at Cardiff, and are driving clockwise around the coast to Ipswich in one 35 day stretch from early August to mid September 2017.
- Then we will finish the final 14 days split over several long weekends later this Autumn 2017.
- Staying at reasonably priced hotels, B&Bs and the occasional hostel.
Somewhere to live
- Why this road trip?!
- We were looking for a new road trip idea over a beer in a pub one evening earlier this year, this seemed like as good an idea as any.
- But also, and probably more importantly, we want to look for a new location to live, as well as agree on places we would rather not live!
A fun experiment
- This whole adventure is a bit of a fun experiment too, including the website, blog and social sites.
- We are curious to see what works, what doesn’t, if this is something we can build on, maybe add other coastal road trips, maybe even make a small business out of it.
- This blog is starting simple, but we would like to add new features soon, such as: email sign-up, maps, reviews and booking links.
- Let’s see how it evolves…
Our latest daily blogs
Day 49 – Bridgwater to Cardiff
Day forty-nine!! YES!! That means we will complete our entire loop of mainland Britain’s coast […]
Day 48 – Bideford to Bridgwater
Almost there! One day to go until we complete the circumference of mainland Britain. Today […]
Day 47 – Newquay to Bideford
It’s just three days to go before we complete our entire coastal road trip! Today […]